Table of Contents
How can I get my service tax number?
Service tax Number can be easily derived from the PAN card of the assessee. The mandatory thing you should have is the PAN card of the assessee, through which you can derive the Service tax number easily.
How can I get service tax certificate?
To obtain service tax registration, the applicant can file the ST-1 application for service tax through the Automation of Central Excise and Service Tax (ACES) website. The documents listed above along with the requisite information must be submitted online.
How can I check my service tax registration certificate?
After Post verification is completed, the Registration Certificate can be viewed under the REG menu by the assessee. In the case of Service Tax, post verification is not mandatory and Registration Certificate will be generated after document verification.
When should we apply for service tax registration?
When should a prospective assessee obtain registration? i. When a person commences business of providing a taxable service, he is required to register himself within 30 days of such commencement of business [sub-rule (1) of Rule 4 of Service Tax Rules, 1994].
How can I register my service tax number online?
Service Tax Registration Procedure
- Visit the official website of ACES.
- Select option as Service Tax.
- Once you select new user option, you will be redirected to the registration page.
- Details like the name of the unit, designation, phone number should be provided by the assesse to get him/her registered.
Is it mandatory to pay service tax?
So, as per law, Service Tax has been phased out by GST and customers are not supposed to pay it. However, the Service Charge is still applicable.
Who is responsible for service tax registration?
Although Service Tax is required to be paid only when the aggregate value of services provided exceeds Rs. 10 Lakhs in a financial year, the service tax provider is required to apply for Registration for Service Tax within 30 days of his turnover exceeding Rs. 9 Lakhs.
How can I check my service tax number online?
Who requires to be registered?
- Go to the website of Central Board of Excise and Customs.
- Enter the code of 15 digits and clear the step of image verification. Both service tax assessees and central excise assessees can be found by this method.
- The information that you will receive is given below: Address of Assessee.
What is the procedure of tax registration?
- Click ‘Register Yourself’ button located at right side of the Home Page.
- Select the ‘User Type’ as ‘Other than individual/HUF’ and select the ‘Sub-User type’ as per the PAN.
- Provide ‘PAN of the Organisation/Entity*’, ‘Organisation Name*’, ‘Date of Incorporation*’.
- Click ‘Continue’
Who is responsible to collect the service tax?
05. Person liable to pay service tax The tax is normally payable by the service provider. However law empowers the Government to notify a person other than the service provider to pay the service tax.. In some of the cases liability of payment of service tax has been shifted to the service provider.
Is service tax registration mandatory?
Service Tax registration is mandatory for every person or business in India that has provided a taxable service of value exceeding Rs. 9 lakhs, in the previous financial year.
Is service tax number and GST number same?
For example, dealers registered under VAT were provided TIN by state taxation authorities, whereas service providers were assigned a service tax registration number by the Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC). The full form of GSTIN is GST Identification Number.