Table of Contents
How do I become a gaming computer tester?
How to become a game tester
- Earn a relevant degree. Many successful game testers earn a degree in a field related to game development such as computer science or programming.
- Consider alternative certifications.
- Explore apprenticeship options.
- Gain work experience.
- Continue developing your skills.
Is game Testing a good career?
By the end of 2020, the gaming industry is set to be worth around 12 lakh crores in India! The job of a game tester is highly lucrative as it allows employees to sit for hours testing new games and locating the bugs and flaws before they can be put out in the market for customers.
What companies are hiring video game testers?
Top Companies Hiring for Game Tester Jobs
- Epic Games. 4.4. LocationCary, NC.
- Nintendo of America. 4.0. Location3 office locations.
- Electronic Arts. 4.1. Location34 office locations.
- PlayStation. 4.0. Location12 office locations.
- Lionbridge. 3.7. Location29 office locations.
- Experis. 3.6.
- Activision Blizzard. 3.6.
- Aerotek. 3.5.
How much do computer game testers make?
An entry-level Game Tester with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of £18,313 based on 8 salaries. An early career Game Tester with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of £19,653 based on 23 salaries.
How do I become a gaming QA?
Work in quality assurance.
- Earn a high school diploma, GED or equivalent. You don’t need a high school education to be a game tester, however, most game testers are 18 or older, so you should complete high school.
- Play video games.
- Get a college degree in video game design or a related field.
- Work in quality assurance.
How do I get into the gaming industry with no experience?
How To Get Into Game Development: 10 Proven Ways to Break Into the Game Industry
- Post your work on discussion boards.
- Start a gaming blog.
- Build your own indie games.
- Get an entry-level job as a Game Tester.
- Get an internship at a video game studio.
- Get a video-game related college degree.
- Get a traditional college degree.
What is QA in gaming?
QA stands for quality assurance. As in “Video Game Quality Assurance”. That shift in title helps distinguish game testing from game playing and is the first step on a journey of realigning expectations. In short: you’re finding bugs. Your job as a game tester is to break the game.
Is being a game tester easy?
You won’t want to buy it, you won’t want to even touch it — every quest will be as familiar to you as the back of your hand. For all of these reasons and more, being a game tester is an arduous and complicated job.
How do you get experience in game testing?
Tips on becoming a video game tester
- Hone your skills as a video game player.
- Get technical training.
- Gain some technical experience by learning how to write a bug report, participating in public beta tastes of games, and interning at gaming companies.
What do professional game testers make?
Video Game Tester Salary Potential According to Glassdoor, the average salary for testers is about $55,030 annually. Entry level QA workers, with between zero and one year of experience, earn an average of over $42,000 per year. Testers with one to three years of experience average roughly $47,150 a year.
What does a QA tester get paid?
The salaries of Software QA Testers in the US range from $44,907 to $129,700 , with a median salary of $85,240 . The middle 50% of Software QA Testers makes between $75,000 and $84,000, with the top 83% making $129,700.