Table of Contents
How do I fix an unresponsive Roku remote?
To reset your Roku remote, you need to take out the batteries, unplug your Roku device and plug it back in, replace the batteries, and hold down the reset button until the remote re-pairs.
Why is my Roku remote not responding?
Common Troubleshooting Techniques Reboot the Roku box or remove the streaming stick from your TV. Give it a minute, connect it again, and then retest. Remove the batteries from the remote, leave them out for a second, then replace them and retest. Change the batteries in the remote control and retest the device.
How do I reset my unresponsive Roku?
If your Roku is frozen, you can perform a system restart by following these steps using your remote:
- Press the Home button 5 times.
- Press the Up arrow once.
- Press the Rewind button twice.
- Press the Fast Forward button twice.
- The restart will begin, though it may take a few seconds.
Why is my Roku 3 not working?
Both Remote and Roku Need to be Restarted Unplug the power cord from the device and wait for 5 seconds until you reconnect the power. Next, you press and hold the black pairing button within the battery compartment for 3 seconds while the Roku continues to boot up. Once done, check to see if your remote is working.
Why is my remote control not working?
Perform a power reset. If the issues is caused by an external factor, such as network service, data broadcasting, or connected devices, it may be improved by a power reset. For Android TV™ or Google TV™ models, unplug the power cord, wait two minutes, and then plug it in.
How do I reboot my Roku 3?
How to restart a Roku device
- Select the “Settings” menu by pressing “OK” on the remote.
- Scroll down to select the “System” option.
- Scroll down to the “System restart” option and press “OK” on your remote.
- Select “Restart.” Your device will shut off, then turn on again.
- Press the “Fast Forward” button two times.
How do I use my Roku 3 remote?
Place the Roku remote in close proximity with your Roku player. Press and hold the pairing button inside the battery compartment for 3 seconds. Wait about 10 seconds for the remote LED to stop flashing.
How do I reset my Roku 3?
Performing a factory reset from the device settings
- Press Home on your Roku remote.
- Scroll and select Settings.
- Select System.
- Select Advanced system settings.
- Select Factory reset.
- If you have a Roku TV, select Factory rest everything. Otherwise, move to the next step.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
How do I fix an unresponsive remote?
Clean the remote control terminals. The remote control battery terminals may be dirty. Remove the batteries and clean the remote control terminals with a small solution of alcohol, using a cotton bud or soft cloth, then place the batteries back into the remote control. Replace with fresh batteries.