Table of Contents
How do you use twin in a sentence?
- You’re always mixing me up with my twin brother.
- My sister has twin sons.
- Can you tell her from her twin sister?
- Both the twin brothers were born and bred in London.
- She costarred with her twin sister in a new film.
- It was hard to distinguish one twin from the other.
What’s a twin sentence?
Twin sentences are sentences which end with a word, which begins the next sentences to define and explain it further. …
What are 5 examples of sentences?
Examples of simple sentences include the following:
- Joe waited for the train. “Joe” = subject, “waited” = verb.
- The train was late.
- Mary and Samantha took the bus.
- I looked for Mary and Samantha at the bus station.
- Mary and Samantha arrived at the bus station early but waited until noon for the bus.
What are twin words in English?
Siamese twins are a special kind of idiom in English made of pairs or groups of words. Siamese Twins are pairs of words that cannot be reversed. They always come in the same order and are often joined by and, or or to. These are phrases like “cat and mouse” or “fish and chips”.
Can you say 2 twins?
3 Answers. “I have two twins/a set(pair) of twins” isn’t ungrammatical, but it’s more common and idiomatic to say “I have twins”. As for two sets of twins or two pairs of twins, both are correct.
Do we say twin or twins?
Yes, “twins” is the plural of “twin”.
What is 10 examples of sentences?
Examples of Complete Sentences
- I ate dinner.
- We had a three-course meal.
- Brad came to dinner with us.
- He loves fish tacos.
- In the end, we all felt like we ate too much.
- We all agreed; it was a magnificent evening.
Is it called twin or twins?
Types and zygosity
|Common name||Scientific name||Zygosity|
Does twins have an apostrophe?
Plural nouns, such as twins and teachers, usually don’t need an extra ‘s’. Add an apostrophe after the ‘s’ to show ownership, and avoid using ‘es’. Apostrophe is a punctuation that you can use to express ownership. Change your twins’ dirty diapers, not your twin’s or twinses diapers.
Is it twin sister or twin sisters?
“A twin sister” is a type of sister. “Sisters” means more than one sister. “Twin sisters” means two sisters who were born on the same day.