Table of Contents
How many phobias are there in total?
Specific phobias are a broad category of unique phobias related to specific objects and situations. Specific phobias affect an estimated 12.5 percent of American adults. Phobias come in all shapes and sizes….The sum of all fears so far.
|Coulrophobia||Fear of clowns|
|Cyberphobia||Fear of computers|
|Cynophobia||Fear of dogs|
What is the #1 phobia?
1. Social phobias. Fear of social interactions. Also known as Social Anxiety Disorder, social phobias are by far the most common phobia our Talkspace therapists see in their clients.
What is the rarest phobia?
Rare and Uncommon Phobias
- Ablutophobia | Fear of bathing.
- Arachibutyrophobia | Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth.
- Arithmophobia | Fear of math.
- Chirophobia | Fear of hands.
- Chloephobia | Fear of newspapers.
- Globophobia (Fear of balloons)
- Omphalophobia | Fear of Umbilicus (Bello Buttons)
What are the 12 phobias?
The 12 Most Common Phobias
- Arachnophobia (Fear of spiders)
- Ophidiophobia (Fear of snakes)
- Acrophobia (Fear of heights)
- Aerophobia (Fear of flying)
- Cynophobia (Fear of dogs)
- Astraphobia (Fear of thunder and lightning)
- Trypanophobia (Fear of injections)
- Social Phobia (Social anxiety disorder)
What is my deepest fear?
“Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?
Is Trypophobia real?
Trypophobia isn’t an officially recognized phobia. Some researchers have found evidence that it exists in some form and has real symptoms that can impact a person’s everyday life if they’re exposed to triggers. Speak with your doctor or a counselor if you think you may have trypophobia.
What are 10 phobias?
Phobias: The ten most common fears people hold
- Social phobias.
- Agoraphobia: fear of open spaces.
- Acrophobia: fear of heights.
- Pteromerhanophobia: fear of flying.
- Claustrophobia: fear of enclosed spaces.
- Entomophobia: fear of insects.
- Ophidiophobia: fear of snakes.
- Cynophobia: fear of dogs.
What is Metaphobia?
Emetophobia is a fear of vomiting or seeing others being sick. Those who experience emetophobia may also fear being out of control while they are being sick or fear being sick in public, which can trigger avoidance behaviours.
What is the most uncommon fear?
13 of the most unusual phobias
- Xanthophobia – fear of the colour yellow.
- Turophobia- fear of cheese.
- Somniphobia- fear of falling asleep.
- Coulrophobia – fear of clowns.
- Hylophobia- fear of trees.
- Omphalophobia- fear of the navel.
- Nomophobia- fear of being without mobile phone coverage.
What is arachnophobia?
Arachnophobia refers to the intense fear of spiders, or spider phobia. While it’s not uncommon for people to dislike arachnids or insects, phobias of spiders can have a far more significant impact on your life.
What is tail phobia?
How do I discover my phobia?
Signs you may have a phobia include:
- being excessively fearful of a situation or object on an ongoing basis, for six months or more.
- feeling an intense need to avoid or escape from the feared situation or object.
- experiencing panic or distress when exposed to the situation or object.