Table of Contents
Is it exercise or exorcise?
Exercise is physical activity but to exorcise is to cast out evil. It also means to use something, like restraint, or you might even have warm-up exercises in music class.
How do you use exorcise in a sentence?
Exorcise sentence example
- Exorcise your inner demon by dressing in black velvet and white lace.
- Tara’s mother wants money to exorcise her inner demons.
- Haunted by her own inner demons, a con artist takes her for several hundred dollars to exorcise her mother and herself.
What does it mean to be exercised about something?
exercised about (something) Upset or agitated because of something.
What does it mean to exercise your demons?
Exorcise your demons means work out your problems or analyze them.
What is a synonym for exorcise?
cast out. dismiss. drive out. remove. “An attempt to exorcise the house by a Catholic priest ended with him fleeing in fear and prompted the strange occurrences to intensify.”
What are the examples of exercise?
Examples include brisk walking, jogging, swimming, and biking. Strength, or resistance training, exercises make your muscles stronger. Some examples are lifting weights and using a resistance band. Balance exercises can make it easier to walk on uneven surfaces and help prevent falls.
What does word exercised mean?
1. to put into use; employ: to exercise tact. 2. ( intr) to take exercise or perform exercises; exert one’s muscles, etc, esp in order to keep fit. 3. to practise using in order to develop or train: to exercise one’s voice. 4. to perform or make proper use of: to exercise one’s rights.
What part of speech is exorcise?
verb (used with object), ex·or·cised, ex·or·cis·ing. to seek to expel (an evil spirit) by adjuration or religious or solemn ceremonies:to exorcise a demon.
What is a purgation?
noun. the act of purging or state of being purged; purification.
What are 10 examples of exercises?
Why these 10 exercises will rock your body
- Lunges. Challenging your balance is an essential part of a well-rounded exercise routine.
- Pushups. Drop and give me 20!
- Standing overhead dumbbell presses.
- Dumbbell rows.
- Single-leg deadlifts.
- Side planks.