Table of Contents
What goes well with Camembert cheese?
What to Serve with Camembert. Camembert is a perfect pairing with a crusty baguette, fruits, crackers, pecans, and hazelnuts. Camembert can also be served with a traditional glass of Normandy cider or Calvados an apple brandy from the Normandy region. Camembert cheese can be paired with beer, wine or whiskey.
What is the best way to enjoy Camembert cheese?
Enjoy your Camembert with crackers or bread and preserves or honey. Cut off slices of the cheese and use a knife to spread it on the cracker or a slice of French bread. Eat it as is, or add a little honey or preserves on top. Try whatever jams or preserves you enjoy, such as raspberry, cherry, fig, or apricot.
Can you eat the paper on Camembert?
Yes, you can eat the rind of Camembert, Brie, or any soft-ripened cheese. candidum), which gives these cheeses their characteristic bloomy rind. The rind is totally edible and adds texture and flavor to the cheese.
What crackers go with Camembert?
- Crackers with dried figs, dates, nuts or fennel seeds embedded in them go well with Brie or Camembert.
- Pepper-flavored crackers go especially well with goat cheese.
- Unsweetened, thick oat or wheat crackers give you a sturdy base for spreading any cheese.
What flavors go well with Camembert?
Baked camembert topping ideas:
- Herbs: thyme; rosemary.
- Vegetable flavouring: garlic; caramelised onion, chilli flakes.
- Fruit flavouring: fresh figs; dried cranberries; raisins.
- Jams & chutneys: onion jam; chilli jam; cranberry chutney; spiced apple chutney; fig jam; cranberry jelly.
- Oils: olive oil; truffle oil; chilli oil.
What fruit goes best with Camembert cheese?
Great Fruit and Cheese Pairings You Should Try Before You Die
- Apples and Brie.
- Figs and Smoked Gouda.
- Cranberry and Mozzarella.
- Camembert with Almonds, Apples, and Pears:
- Cotija with Berries, Bananas, and Mangoes:
- Red Wax Gouda with Apples, Grapes, Olives, and Pears:
- Parmigiano-Reggiano with Pineapple:
Why is Camembert illegal in US?
Some rare producers still use this method and sell the cheese as Camembert de Normandie, which must be made with raw milk from the Normande breed of cattle. This alters the texture of the cheese so that it’s soft and liquid seeps out. This cheese is illegal not only in the U.S., but also in the entire European Union.
Can I freeze Camembert cheese?
When Not to Freeze Cheese That means famous French soft cheeses, such as Brie and Camembert, should stay out of the freezer. Fresh cheese also has very high moisture content, and a delicate texture, making it a poor candidate for freezing.
Why is camembert illegal in US?
Can I freeze camembert cheese?
What Jam goes with Camembert?
Fig jam and its spicy taste can be paired with goat’s fresh cheeses, such as Camembert and Brie.
Why is Camembert so smelly?
This is produced by the deamination of amino acids on the cheese’s surface. The amount of ammonia increases as the cheese ripens; after a significant amount of time, the smell can become very strong, at which point the cheese is probably past its best!