Table of Contents
What is correct sentence?
In order for a sentence to be grammatically correct, the subject and verb must both be singular or plural. In other words, the subject and verb must agree with one another in their tense. If the subject is in plural form, the verb should also be in plur al form (and vice versa).
What is a sentence for not like?
More examples of negative sentences with don’t like: I don’t like windy days. You don’t like injections. We don’t like spiders.
How do you use like in a sentence?
Likes sentence example
- “I see why he likes you,” she said quietly.
- He likes to surprise people.
- He likes you too much, in my opinion.
- But I’d say he likes you.
- It sounds like he’s a respectable person who likes to keep to his self.
- As for Alex, he likes to control people.
- This town sure likes its history.
Can you make a contraction out of any word?
Two-word contractions are by far the most common, but we cannot simply contract any two adjacent words. Much less commonly, the first word used in a contraction has one or more letters replaced by an apostrophe; the shortened form of this first word is known as a proclitic, which we’ll look at separately further on.
Is there a ladies doctor here correct sentence?
The word ‘ladies doctor’ is quite commonly used but it is not correct, instead, the term ‘lady doctor’ is correct to refer to a doctor who’s a female.
How do I check my grammar mistakes?
Grammarly’s online grammar checker scans your text for all types of mistakes, from typos to sentence structure problems and beyond.
- Eliminate grammar errors.
- Fix tricky spelling errors.
- Say goodbye to punctuation errors.
- Enhance your writing.
Do sentences examples?
Using “Do” and “Does” in Sentences
- I want to do my best in this race.
- That does not make any sense.
- We do not care about imaginary creatures.
- I do love a good comedy.
- They can do better than that.
- He believed he could do it.
- The machine does everything for us.
- If you do what I tell you, it will be fine.
Where can I use like and likes?
We can see that the noun “like”, when used with pronouns, can be defined in singular and plural as:
- like = I, we, you, they (“I like running”, “We like running”… etc)
- likes = He, she, it (“He likes running”… etc)
What are contractions examples?
What are contractions? A contraction is a word made by shortening and combining two words. Words like can’t (can + not), don’t (do + not), and I’ve (I + have) are all contractions.
What is the 5-1-1 rule of labor?
The 5-1-1 Rule: The contractions come every 5 minutes, lasting 1 minute each, for at least 1 hour. Fluids and other signs: You might notice amniotic fluid from the sac that holds the baby. This doesn’t always mean you’re in labor, but could mean it’s coming.
Is he a doctor is which sentence?
The verb “is” which means it is in present tense. The object here is the profession of the third person “He” which is “Doctor”. Usually, the answer for the question “What” of the subject gives us the object. In this case, we can ask “What is he?” and the answer is “Doctor” which is the object of the sentence.