Table of Contents
What scientific discoveries were made in the 80s?
- The Rings of Neptune were first discovered in 1984. The Voyager 2 spacecraft provided images of them in 1989.
- 4769 Castalia was discovered in 1989. It became the first asteroid to be viewed through radar imaging.
- The first exoplanet is discovered in 1988, though it was not confirmed until much later.
What was invented in 1984?
The Major Inventions Of 1984
- The Apple Macintosh. The first mass-marketed personal computer featured a graphical user interface and mouse – something we take for granted now.
- The CD-ROM.
- DNA Fingerprinting.
What was the best technology in 1980?
Top Tech of the 1980s and What’s Replaced Them
- Fax Machines. There used to be a time when you couldn’t visit a home or office without seeing a fax machine.
- Answering Machines.
- Floppy Disks.
- Cassette Tapes.
- Polaroid Cameras.
- Cellular Phone.
What was popular in the 80s?
Top 10 Fashion Trends from the 80’s
- BIG HAIR. Perms, perms, and more perms – you could have sailed the Nina, Pinta, and Santa Maria in some people’s flows.
- SPANDEX. Lycra changed the world, and the 80s made sure it knew.
- RIPPED KNEES.
- LACEY SHIRTS.
- LEG WARMERS.
- HIGH WAISTED JEANS.
- NEON COLORS.
What was discovered in the 80s?
The 1980s were a time of great technological advancement and gave us new inventions like the personal computer, the artificial heart, DNA fingerprinting, and the Space Shuttle among many other things. Some of these things you may associate as being invented much earlier–or much later.
What was invented in 1989?
1. The World Wide Web was invented! We owe a lot to Tim Berners-Lee, a software engineer working out of Switzerland who “understood the unrealized potential of millions of computers connected together through the Internet.” His proposal led to the creation of a royalty-free World Wide Web technology. So 1989?
What was invented in the 80s?
What was invented in 80s?
What electronics came out in the 80s?
Best of 80s: The tech that defined the decade
- Apple Macintosh.
- Nintendo Entertainment System.
- Sony Walkman TPS-L2.
- Casio calculator watch.
- Nintendo Game Boy.
- Honorable mentions.
- Sony Trinitron TVs.
- VHS player.
What was the eighties known for?
The “eighties” are also well known for their extreme fashions, such as “big hair”, New Wave, punk rock, funk, or preppies. Rap music first started to get big in the 80s, and often went with breakdancing in what is now called the “old school” days.
What was entertainment in the 80s?
Arcades. The decade is also known as the golden age of video arcades and not without a reason. Every person in the ’80s was dreaming about visiting an arcade and playing games like Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, Frogger, and Galaga.
What technology was there in the 1980’s?
The release of Nintendo GameBoy and NES, the rise of Sony Walkman and Trinitron TVs, the popularity of Casio calculator watch, and the craze for the Video Home System or VHS define the eventful ten years to a large extent.