Table of Contents
- 1 What year is my Mercury outboard by serial number?
- 2 How do you tell the year of a boat motor by its serial number?
- 3 What does Mercury serial number mean?
- 4 Where is the model number on a Mercury outboard motor?
- 5 How do I look up a serial number?
- 6 How do you tell what year a serial number is?
- 7 Where do you find the manufacture date on a serial number?
- 8 How do you decode a VIN number?
What year is my Mercury outboard by serial number?
Every Mercury outboard has a serial number label located on the transom bracket area of the engine. The latest serial number labels display a 2-digit number in a box at the lower right portion of the label. These digits coincide with the last two digits of the year in which the outboard was manufactured.
How do you tell the year of a boat motor by its serial number?
- Locate the serial number on the mounting bracket of the outboard motor, or the silver plug on the top of the motor.
- Write the serial number down.
- Decipher the serial number using “INTRODUCES” as the key code.
- Locate the final three numbers to determine the year.
How do you find out what year my outboard is?
If you have a commercial model refer to the Evinrude commercial serial number year chart located here. Honda outboard model numbers are set up in the following formats: Find the model year code in your model number and determine the year using the key below….Outboard Engine Serial Number Year Match-up.
What does Mercury serial number mean?
Serial Numbers for Mercury Marine Outboards and Mercruiser Sterndrives are unique sets of numbers used to identify certain objects such as Marine Engines, Boats, Automobiles, Software, etc. Using our Mercury Marine Parts Catalog you will quickly find the correct parts by entering your Mercury Mercruiser Serial Number.
Where is the model number on a Mercury outboard motor?
The sequence of letters and numbers (or just numbers) at the top of the identification tag or instruction plate is your Mercury outboard’s serial number. On newer Mercury outboards, the tag or plate will also show the motor’s year of manufacture below the serial number.
Where’s the serial number on a Mercury outboard?
All Mercury outboard engines either have an identification tag or an instruction plate that contains the serial number. The ID tag is located on either side of the swivel bracket (or transom bracket), and the instruction plate is located between the thumb screws above the steering tube.
How do I look up a serial number?
Android tablet Settings feature
- Option one: Open Settings > About Tablet > Status > Serial Number.
- Option two: For most products, the serial number can be viewed at the bottom of the device back cover.
How do you tell what year a serial number is?
The 10th character in the 17-character VIN represents the vehicle model-year. This standard applies to vehicles built in or after 1981. Before 1981, the VIN format was not standardized and varied by manufacturer.
Where is the manufacture date on a serial number?
The 1st three numbers of your serial number will always provide your manufacture date. The 1st number is the YEAR of manufacture; the 2nd & 3rd numbers indicate the MONTH of manufacture.
Where do you find the manufacture date on a serial number?
To Determine Manufacture Date Based on Serial Number: The 1st three numbers of your serial number will always provide your manufacture date. The 1st number is the YEAR of manufacture; the 2nd & 3rd numbers indicate the MONTH of manufacture.
How do you decode a VIN number?
How to decode a VIN?
- Digits 1 through 3 combined is the WMI, (World Manufacturer Identifier).
- Digits 4 through 8 represent the vehicle descriptor section.
- Digit 9 is a check digit.
- Digits 10 through 17 is the Vehicle Identifier Section.
- The 11th digit is the manufacturer’s plant code.