Table of Contents
- 1 How do you say thank you in Europe?
- 2 How does a man say thank you to a woman in Portuguese?
- 3 What is thank you in Brazil?
- 4 Which country says thank you the most?
- 5 How do you say thank you in Egypt?
- 6 How do you say friend in Brazil?
- 7 What is Portuguese for you are welcome?
- 8 How do they say thank you in England?
How do you say thank you in Europe?
How to Say Thank You in Europe. Spanish: Gracias or Muchas Gracias (thanks a lot). French: Merci or Merci beaucoup (thank you very much). Greek: Σ’ ευχαριστώ!
How does a man say thank you to a woman in Portuguese?
“Thank You” in Portuguese: Obrigado/Obrigada You must change the ending to match your own gender; men say obrigado and women say obrigada.
How do you respond to thank you in Portuguese?
And How to Respond to Thank You in Portuguese? Simple. All you need to say is: De nada! or Por nada! That’s the most common form.
What is thank you in Brazil?
The most common way of saying thank you in Brazilian Portuguese, in both both formal and informal situations is: Obrigado!
Which country says thank you the most?
Researchers analysed interactions between local people speaking a total of eight languages across five continents and discovered that Brits do in fact say “thank you” more than anyone else.
How do you say thank you in different countries?
Here’s how to say “thank you” in 45 different languages
- Spanish. Gracias (Thank you)
- French. Merci (Thank you)
- Italian. Grazie (Thank you)
- German. Danke (Thanks)
- Dutch. Bedankt (Thanks)
- Portuguese. Obrigado / Obrigada (Thank you – male / female speaker)
- Turkish. Teşekkürler (Thanks)
- Russian. Спасибо [Spasiba] (Thanks)
How do you say thank you in Egypt?
Thanking people in Egyptian Arabic
- Standard: shukran (شكرا). Just “Thanks”. You say this after basically every interaction.
- More grateful: alf shukr (الف شكر): “A thousand thanks”. To show your appreciation, after someone has been very helpful.
How do you say friend in Brazil?
Knowing how Brazilians see friendships, or “amizades”. After all, if you want to say friend in Portuguese you know how to do it — you might even have learned that from “amigo” in Spanish.
What does Obrigado mean in Italian?
This word also brings us the English verb to be obligated, or the phrase much obliged. Different romance languages have different ways of thanking people. In Italian, one would say “grazie”, according to Cloze Master. Overall, the Portuguese word obrigado means “thank you” in English.
What is Portuguese for you are welcome?
De nada. This would be the “you are welcome” we say when someone have previously said “Obrigado/a” or any of its variations to us. It works exactly like in English and other languages and we say it to be polite and to tell the other person there is nothing to thank for.
How do they say thank you in England?
Your Guide to Saying “Thank You” In the UK
- Thanks / Many thanks / Thanks so much. You’re likely to hear the shortened version “thanks” more than you hear people say “thank you”.
- Nice One.
- I appreciate it / much appreciated.
- You’re a lifesaver/ You’re a star / You’re a hero.
- Much Obliged.
- You Shouldn’t Have!