Table of Contents
- 1 How will the universe change in the future?
- 2 What is the fate of the universe will it continue to expand?
- 3 What would most likely cause the future acceleration of the expansion of the universe?
- 4 What major factor determines the future of the universe Why?
- 5 What are the 3 possible ways our universe could end which one do we expect to happen and why?
- 6 What would cause the future expansion of the universe?
How will the universe change in the future?
As the Universe continues to expand, all the stars and galaxies will eventually exhaust their energy and the Universe will cool down, ending in the ‘Big Chill’. If the density of the Universe is equal to critical density, gravity will be just sufficient to stop its expansion, but only after an infinite time.
What is the fate of the universe will it continue to expand?
The Universe will expand forever: If the mean density is less than the critical density, then there is insufficient mass within the universe to stop the expansion – the universe will expand forever. Ultimately, the galaxies will move increasingly further apart.
What are three possibilities for the future of the universe?
Here’s what we thought the possibilities were:
- The Universe recollapses in a Big Crunch. The expansion starts out rapidly, and the large amount of matter and radiation work to pull everything back together.
- The Universe expands forever, resulting in a Big Freeze.
- The Universe’s expansion asymptotes to zero.
What is the fate of the universe will it expand or contract because of gravity?
If the gravity within the universe is strong enough, it could reign in the expansion and cause the universe to contract. If not, the universe will continue to expand forever. If omega (Ω) is greater than 1, then the universe will be closed. If it’s less than 1, the universe will be open.
What would most likely cause the future acceleration of the expansion of the universe?
Answer: The most likely cause of the future acceleration expansion of the universe is the continued extension of dark energy. Dark energy is a term that describes a mysterious form of energy responsible for the large scale effects most importantly the effects on expansion of the universe.
What major factor determines the future of the universe Why?
The fate of the universe is determined by its density. The preponderance of evidence to date, based on measurements of the rate of expansion and the mass density, favors a universe that will continue to expand indefinitely, resulting in the “Big Freeze” scenario below.
What happens when you get to the end of the universe?
Dark energy could still evolve, leading to a Universe that might either recollapse in a Big Crunch, expand forever, or speed up in its acceleration and eventually tear even the fabric of space apart in a catastrophic Big Rip. The different ways dark energy could evolve into the future.
How does gravity affect the expansion of the universe?
The accelerating expansion of the universe is due to another fundamental force called Dark Gravity. This means variation of space-time field points in such a way that the points are farthest at the center of the universe and getting closer as one moves towards the edges.
What are the 3 possible ways our universe could end which one do we expect to happen and why?
- 3 ways the universe might end. Kelly Dickerson.
- The big rip. Not only is the universe expanding, its expanding equally in all directions.
- The big crunch. This is the least terrifying end-of-universe scenario.
- The big freeze or heat death.
What would cause the future expansion of the universe?
Astronomers theorize that the faster expansion rate is due to a mysterious, dark force that is pulling galaxies apart. One explanation for dark energy is that it is a property of space. As a result, this form of energy would cause the universe to expand faster and faster.
What would most likely cause the future acceleration of the expansion of the universe quizlet?
Possibility 1 is more likely because astronomers have observed that the expansion of the universe appears to be accelerating. They infer that dark energy is causing this acceleration.
What is the purpose of life in universe?
All life forms have one essential purpose: survival. This is even more important than reproduction. After all, babies and grannies are alive but don’t reproduce. To be alive is more than passing genes along.