Table of Contents
Is there anyone famous from Ecuador?
Eugenio Espejo Although he was a notable scientist and writer, he stands out as a polemicist who inspired the separatist movement in Quito. He is regarded as one of the most important figures in colonial Ecuador. He was Quito’s first journalist and hygienist.
What’s so special about Ecuador?
Ecuador is one of 17 megadiverse countries in the world and has the most biodiversity per square kilometre of any nation. 8. It is well known that Ecuador is named after the equator which runs through the country. It is in fact the only country in the world officially named after a geographical feature.
Is Ecuador a good country?
Wikipedia Good living, great weather and excellent medical care make Ecuador the top spot for retirees. But it is proving attractive for expats – with a cheap cost of living, good weather and top-class yet affordable health care. …
Is Ecuador good for tourists?
Ecuador is somewhat safe to visit, though it has many dangers. You should be aware that tourist hotspots, restaurants, shops and public transportation are places where most thefts and pickpocketing occur, and that violent crime exists on the streets, too.
What are 5 interesting facts about Ecuador?
Ecuador Facts: 10 Fascinating Things You Didn’t Know
- Ecuador means “equator” in Spanish.
- Yasuni Park is one of the most bio-diverse places on the planet.
- The Galapagos Islands inspired the Theory of Evolution.
- Chocolate has a long history in Ecuador.
- Ecuador is where to find orchid flowers.
Who is the most famous Colombian?
10 most famous persons in Colombia
- EGAN BERNAL. Colombian cyclist born in Bogotá.
- FERNANDO BOTERO. Colombian painter and sculptor.
- SOFIA VERGARA. Colombian actress and model winner of international television awards, based in the United States.
- JAMES RODRIGUEZ.
- CARLOS VIVES.
- NAIRO QUINTANA.
What are 3 fun facts about Ecuador?
8 Interesting Facts About Ecuador
- Ecuador is the closest country to space.
- Ecuador is the only country in the world named after a geographical feature.
- Ecuador has the world’s first UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Ecuador had a long-standing border conflict with Peru.
- Ecuador was once joined with Colombia and Venezuela.
What are 5 fun facts about Ecuador?
Is Ecuador rich or poor country?
Ecuador is an extremely poor country. Thirty-five percent of its population lived in poverty in 1994 and an additional seventeen percent were highly vulnerable to poverty. In addition, rural poverty is undoubtedly more severe than urban poverty.
Is Ecuador a bad place to live?
Ecuador is a relatively safe country to live in. But you should understand that not all of Ecuador is safe to live in and that larger cities see higher rates of crime. In fact, there are many places in Ecuador that are safe to live. Some of those places include Vilcabamba, Cuenca, and Cotacachi.