Table of Contents
- 1 What does the phrase the bottom line mean?
- 2 What does bottom line mean in business?
- 3 How do you use bottom line?
- 4 Why is bottom line important?
- 5 What is the opposite of bottom line?
- 6 When did the bottom line close?
- 7 How do you use bottom line in a sentence?
- 8 What do you say instead of the end of the day?
The bottom line refers to a company’s earnings, profit, net income, or earnings per share (EPS). The term “bottom line” is commonly used in reference to any actions that may increase or decrease net earnings or a company’s overall profit.
The bottom line is a company’s net income, or the “bottom” figure on a company’s income statement. More specifically, the bottom line is a company’s income after all expenses have been deducted from revenues. A company’s bottom line can also be referred to as net earnings or net profits.
What is another word for bottom line?
In this page you can discover 31 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for bottom line, like: final decision, main idea, the-bottom-line, RightNow, point, last-word, crux, net income, conclusion, fundamentals and essence.
the decisive point.
- The bottom line is the bottom line.
- The bottom line is that recycling isn’t profitable.
- The bottom line is that it’s not profitable.
- Bill signed on the bottom line with a flourish.
- Two thousand-and that’s my bottom line!
- She says ￡95,000 is her bottom line.
The Bottom Line on the Bottom Line It is an important indicator of overall conditions in the company’s target markets. It is also a barometer of management’s effectiveness in selecting strategies, investing in products and services, marketing, and cost control.
Why is the bottom line important?
additional. extra. inessential. minor.
The Bottom Line (venue)
|Wikimedia | © OpenStreetMap|
|Address||15 West 4th Street Manhattan, New York City|
|Opened||February 12, 1974|
Where did the term the bottom line come from?
The bottom line is an American phrase originally coined in the mid-1960s by corporate America to describe the physical bottom line of a profit and loss statement where the final numerical figure is placed, showing whether a company made a profit or took a loss.
What do you say instead of the end of the day?
What is another word for at the end of the day?
|eventually||in the end|
|in the long run||in time|
|one day||sooner or later|
|at last||at long last|
What happened to the bottom line?
The Bottom Line, the Greenwich Village music club that was a launching pad for the likes of Bruce Springsteen and other rock stars, finally shut its doors on Thursday after almost three decades as a music industry landmark, its lawyer said yesterday.