Table of Contents
What is a sentence for the word donated?
1. He donated to cancer research. 2. The professor donated his books to the library.
How do you use donation in a sentence?
act of giving in common with others for a common purpose especially to a charity.
- They made a generous donation to charity.
- The project is funded by public donation.
- It’s impossible to wring a donation out of him.
- I took the initiative in blood donation.
- She made a personal donation to the fund.
Has donated or have donated?
You/We/They are donating. He/She/It has donated. I have donated. You/We/They have donated.
What do you call someone who donates?
A philanthropist is a person who donates time, money, experience, skills or talent to help create a better world. Anyone can be a philanthropist, regardless of status or net worth.
How do you use charity in a sentence?
Examples of charity in a Sentence She refused to accept charity. The dinner was held to raise funds for several charities. She runs a local charity that gives books to children. All the money will go to charity.
How do you use help in a sentence?
Helped sentence example
- Later she helped him pack his things in the car.
- She took its arm and helped him up.
- He was a great thinker and a great doer, and with Washington he helped to make our country free.
What’s meaning of donate?
Meaning of donate in English. to give money or goods to help a person or organization: An anonymous businesswoman donated one million dollars to the charity. Please donate generously.
What type of verb is donate?
verb (used with object), do·nat·ed, do·nat·ing. to present as a gift, grant, or contribution; make a donation of, as to a fund or cause: to donate used clothes to the Salvation Army.
What is a word to describe someone who helps others?
altruistic Add to list Share. Someone who is altruistic always puts others first. An altruistic firefighter risks his life to save another’s life, while an altruistic mom gives up the last bite of pie so her kid will be happy.
Which word means someone who is giving a volunteer or a donor?
donator. noun. someone who gives money or goods to an organization, especially one that helps people. The usual word is donor.
How do you use volunteer in a sentence?
Volunteer sentence example
- The camp ground was manned on a volunteer basis.
- I volunteer to sleep there tonight, if the love of my life is willing to come along.
- She turned to Ryland, who looked like he wanted to volunteer for disappearance in the witness protection program.
What is a sentence for contribute?
Examples of contribute in a Sentence The volunteers contributed their time towards cleaning up the city. We’re trying to raise money for a new school, and we’re hoping that everyone will contribute. He did not contribute to the project. In order for the team to win, everyone has to contribute.