Table of Contents
What juice can I substitute for pineapple juice?
10 Best Substitutes for Pineapple Juice
- Grapefruit Juice. Grapefruit belongs to the citrus category, which has many fruits that are similar to pineapple.
- Passion Fruit Juice.
- Lime Juice.
- Orange Juice.
- Apple Juice.
- Pomegranate Juice.
- Guava Juice.
What can I use instead of orange juice in a recipe?
The best substitutes for orange juice in a recipe are orange concentrate, lemon juice, orange extract, citric acid, Grand Marnier, Meyer lemons, vinegar, or Coke. Read on for more on each of these orange juice alternatives and how to use them in your recipe.
Can I sub lemon juice for orange juice?
Orange juice is a good one-to-one substitute for lemon juice in most recipes. It’s less acidic, sweeter, and less tart than lemon juice. In recipes in which a large amount of lemon juice is needed, substituting for it with orange juice may significantly impact the flavor ( 4 ). Nevertheless, it works well in a pinch.
Can I substitute apple juice for pineapple?
In recipes, apple juice works well with the same meats that pineapple juice does, namely, pork, chicken, and beef. A combination of both apple and juice can render the best alternative for pineapple juice. Lemon juice provides the sourness from citric acid, while apple juice provides sweetness.
What is a good substitute for pineapple?
- Green apples: Apples are both sweet and tart, similar to the pineapple.
- Oranges (or juice): Providing the citrusy, sweet, and tart flavors, oranges can also replace pineapples.
- Apricots: Again, this replacement is both sweet and tart — like a pineapple.
What is a good substitute for crushed pineapple?
Substitutes For Crushed Pineapple
- 1) Canned Apple Pie Filling. Whenever you have to replace crushed pineapple, you can use canned apple pie filling.
- 2) Grapefruit. Sure, grapefruit is the citrus fruit, but it has a tropical flavor that can help copy the crushed pineapple flavor.
- 4) Lime.
- 5) Orange.
- 6) Papaya.
Can you substitute water for orange juice?
So, if you’re removing the orange juice, replace it with a 50/50 mix of lemon juice and water. In other words, replace one tablespoon of orange juice with ½ tablespoon of lemon juice and ½ tablespoon of water.
Can I substitute apple cider vinegar for orange juice?
Can I substitute apple cider vinegar for orange juice? Yes, depending on what type of recipe you’re trying to make. You can do the same with other dishes that call for apple cider vinegar and just replace it with orange juice.
How do I substitute orange juice for orange extract?
If you’re using orange juice as an ingredient, simply substitute ¼ cup of orange juice with the same amount of other citrus extracts.
What can you use in place of pineapple?
Best pineapple substitute
- Nectarine + kiwi. Nectarines have that juicy, tropical vibe to them that pineapple has too.
- Mango + lemon/lime.
- Nectarine or apricots + lemon/lime.
- Strawberries and nectarines.
- Bonus: apples and pineapple juice.
- Orange and lemon juice + sugar.
- Any orange-yellow fruit juice like mango, peach, apricot.
What can I use instead of pineapple in carrot cake?
*And as you know Brit from different recipes we have talked about on here in the past, you can certainly use applesauce instead of oil, if you were not using it to already replace the pineapple if the recipe called for pineapple.
What fruit can replace strawberry?
The best strawberry substitutes are kiwi, figs, rhubarb, raspberry, any strawberry products like canned or jam, and strawberry extract. You can use one or several of these substitutes, according to what you’re making and how well it would fid into the recipe.