What would cause a fuel pump not to get power?
If you there is no power to the fuel pump or the relay, then there may be a possible electrical issue with the vehicle. If there is an issue with the switch or the circuit, perhaps a wiring problem, then power to the fuel system may be cut off.
Where is the fuel pump relay on a 2000 Lexus rx300?
The fuel pump on a 2000 Lexus ES300 has a relay in the engine compartment main fuse box labeled EFI fuse. The fuel pump is controlled by a fuel module in the left rear of the trunk and this is powered by this EFI fuse and is computer-controlled.
Can ignition switch cause no power to fuel pump?
Car not starting: Another symptom of a faulty ignition relay is a no power condition. If the relay fails it will cut off power to fuel pump and ignition system, which will result in a no power, and therefore no start condition.
Where is the fuel pump relay on a 2002 Lexus es300?
The 2002 lexus es300 fuel pump relay is located in the underhood fuse box in the engine compartment.
What fuse controls the fuel pump?
Replacing Fuel Pump Fuse Most fuel pumps will run a 15 (Blue) 20 (Yellow) or 25 (Clear) amp fuse. Using a fuse that’s too small will cause the fuse to blow again. This is a normal condition as the fuse isn’t rated for the higher amps of a fuel pump circuit.
How can I tell if my fuel pump relay is bad?
Here are the symptoms of a bad or failing fuel pump relay
- Engine stalls. One of the first symptoms of an issue with the fuel pump relay is an engine that suddenly stalls.
- Engine does not start. Another symptom of a faulty fuel pump relay is an engine that does not start.
- No noise from the fuel pump.
How do you change a fuel pump on a 1999 Lexus ES300?
How to Replace a Lexus ES300 Fuel Pump
- Disconnect the ground cable from the negative battery terminal.
- Take out the rear seat.
- Remove the fuel pump cover and fuel filler cap.
- Disconnect both the outlet pipe and the return hose from the pump bracket.
- Loosen all eight screws, then remove the fuel pump/bracket assembly.