Table of Contents
- 1 Why is it important to use the right type and size screwdriver?
- 2 What is the most important part of a screwdriver?
- 3 Why do we need to match the screwdrivers to the screws while working?
- 4 Why is it important to use hand tools that are in good condition?
- 5 Why is it important to use Phillips head screwdriver?
- 6 Why was the screwdriver invented before the screw?
Why is it important to use the right type and size screwdriver?
Select the proper size screwdriver for the screw, so that the thickness of the blade makes a good fit in the slot. This not only prevents the screw slot and blade from being damaged, but reduces the force required to keep the tool in the screw head.
What is the most important part of a screwdriver?
The head is the screwdriver’s tip. It’s what you insert into the screw or nut that you attach a component to for versatility. This is also the most important part of the screwdriver.
What is the importance of flat head screwdriver?
A “slotted flat blade screwdriver” is a long standard hand-tool dating back to the 1500s. It has a flat-bladed tip used to turn, fasten or loosen screws and bolts. The flat blade screwdriver is an extremely versatile tool and is used for fasteners of all sizes, providing significant leverage.
What is the importance of screwdrivers?
screwdriver, tool, usually hand-operated, for turning screws with slotted heads. For screws with one straight diametral slot cut across the head, standard screwdrivers with flat blade tips and in a variety of sizes are used.
Why do we need to match the screwdrivers to the screws while working?
1. Wear and Tear – There is an incredible amount of torque going on when using a screwdriver. Using an inappropriately matched tool & screw will lead to degradation of both utilities.
Why is it important to use hand tools that are in good condition?
If you want the best results for your work, it is very important to know their construction and proper usage. Lack of knowledge or negligence may lead to several mistakes and injuries. Proper use and precision are more important than speed of work while using hand tools.
Which part of the screwdriver is the hardest?
The head is generally hardened more so than the shank, as it is the only part of the screwdriver that moves against a hardened surface.
Why is it important to use a screwdriver whose blade tip fits exactly the screw slot?
To get maximum driving power, and to avoid damaging either the screw’s slot or the blade it is important that the tip fit the screwslot as snugly as possible. If the blade of the driver is too narrow it will twist in the slot and bend under heavy pressure, and will make it impossible to apply full pressure.
Why is it important to use Phillips head screwdriver?
Phillips screw heads allow a tighter fit than a flat head screw, which is why most factories and handymen use them. The screws tend to be lightweight and relatively small. The trick is to match your screwdriver to the type and size of screws you’re using.
Why was the screwdriver invented before the screw?
They needed screws that could take greater torque and could provide tighter fastenings. The Phillips head screw was compatible with the automated screwdrivers used in an assembly line. In 1744, the flat-bladed bit for the carpenter’s brace was invented, the precursor to the first simple screwdriver.
How do you use a screwdriver safely?
- Do not use a screwdriver as a punch, wedge, pinch bar or pry.
- Keep the tip clean and sharp to permit a solid grip on the tip of the screw.
- Keep the handle of the screwdriver clean and intact to allow for a solid grip.
- Never hold the piece you are working on in your hand.
Why is it important to use tools only for the purpose intended?
Only Use Tools and Equipment as Intended Any safeguards or protection on tools will be there to protect the operator or those nearby when it is being used as it was intended, but by using it in a different way these safeguards are likely to be rendered ineffective, increasing the risk of injury.